HJT log for review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Howard
After getting a virus/spyware on my machine I have read and executed your preliminary removal instructions.
Machine now seems to be running OK without any proplems.
Would you be be kind enough to check my HJT log to see if there is anything left that needs removal.

Regards

William

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
Viewpoint Toolbar

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZNxmk696YYGB

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: ADVFN 4v4 - http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=loadercab

O16 - DPF: {90F7E144-984F-4FA6-83A7-C9C8DCB9974C} (RSActiveXObj Control) - http://cnet.radarsync.com/RSActiveX.ocx

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of wbailey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Can you tell me what this programme is, did you install this yourself?

C:\Program Files\Blue Square Alerts\bluesquarealerts.exe

Have HJT fix this entry.

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of wbailey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

howard_hopkinso said:
Can you tell me what this programme is, did you install this yourself?

C:\Program Files\Blue Square Alerts\bluesquarealerts.exe

Have HJT fix this entry.

Regards Howard :)

OK Howard

Blue Square Alerts\bluesquarealerts.exe is a share dealing program installed by myself

HJT has fixed the entry.

Thanks again for your assistance

Regards

William

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back