HJT log: have been cleaning out systemdoctor for 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recieved the systemdoctor2006 virus nearly a month ago and thought that I had gotten rid of it; then I got one popup, then 2, now I can't open a single program without IE opening itself and windows explorer shutting down. Attached is my Hijackthis log. AVG log was too large to attach but can be sent upon request.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of gabrielle only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

javaw.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptsn.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {849B9523-785F-4014-9CAF-079FB4A74C61} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\bhuhmqmx.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: AIM Search - {40D41A8B-D79B-43d7-99A7-9EE0F344C385} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ggucpi] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\??mbols\javaw.exe

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winpyl32 - winpyl32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\??mbols Delete the entire folder. Note: The ? marks can be any random letter/number etc.

Delete all files in AVG antispyware quarantine.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of gabrielle only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

The popups have stopped and nothing is crashing, but for some reason I can no longer search for files in windows explorer (the search sidebar is just blue, no search options). That's the only abnormality I've noticed so far. HJT log attached.

Your HJT log is now clean.

I`m not sure what your problem is with the search bar.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back