HJT log - random reboots due to services.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is my HJT log. My PC has been rebooting itself, with a popup saying it is dues to C:\WINDOWS\System32\services.exe - but we know that isn't the true cause. McAfee and AdAware don't find anything, and my PC reboots before Trend Housecall can complete its scan. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Tim

-- Verbose HJT Removed --

Sorry for the faux pas...

Attached is my HJT log in txt format.

Ewido takes so long to run, I haven't been able to run it to completion, before my PC reboots itself.

Also. now my PC won't boot into anything other than Safe Mode. It will get to the login screen, where you select which user you want to log in as, and sometimes actually gets to the user's desktop, but it always shows a blue screen of death, something about DRIVER_IRQL... and it crashes.

Thanks for any help!

Tim

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Uninstall the LogMeIn programme unless you deliberately installed this yourself.

I can find nothing in your HJT log that would account for your problems.

Open a new thread in our Windows OS forum, after following the instructions in this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Howard, thanks for the help. My BSOD has resolved itself - Windows claims it was due to a display driver. Anyway, I've downloaded the latest and greatest McAfee suite and it is preventing a buffer overflow that was initiating the system shutdown. I'm still working to remove what I think may be Blaster, which is causing the buffer overflow issue. Oddly enough, my yearly sub to McAfee has expired just within the last few days - just about the time all this started happening.

Also, I discovered that my Windows Automatic Updates was also disabled.

And, while this was all going on, Windows started telling me that I was the victim of software counterfeiting, and that my copy of WinXP was fake. How interesting, since it came pre-installed, directly from Dell.

Now, however, I'm unable to access nearly anything but Google.com. Any attempt to access nearly anything else results in McAfee telling me that it is an unsafe site (the address bar displays something about localhost). This happens in both IE and FireFox. I've downloaded MVPS HOSTs file (on another PC) and will follow it's directions for replacing what I assume is my hosed HOSTs file, with the MVPS secure HOSTs file.

Thanks again, Howard, for having a look at my HJT log.

Tim

P.S. One more thing - I disabled System Restore, as directed. I'm thinking I should probably wait until my system is clean, before I re-enable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back