HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I found your site in my search to get rid of a "System Alert" virus that appeared on my son's computer. I could not find a way to remove it until finding your site. I followed the steps I found posted and have attached the HJT log from the PC. Please let me know if all looks good. I think there is still a problem in that when I start IE the home page is not the home page I want but an "Internet Security" page that has info about spyware, etc. It looks bogus. I cannot get rid of that page.

Thanks for the help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of drdedeye only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Logs

Hello Howard

After dealing with this bugger on the computer I guess lost the ability to read correctly. I followed all the steps in found in "Trojan Pakes and other nasties". Sorry not to include the logs before. I zipped the AVG log because it was too big to attach to the post.

Thanks again.

- John

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

VideoCompressionCodec
Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

IntranetService
The Intranet

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

isamini.exe
ViewMgr.exe
intranet.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.insightbb.com

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7b4d79df-9ef0-429d-a0e9-d9b138c6a53b} - C:\Program Files\VideoCompressionCodec\isaddon.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [The Intranet] intranet.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [The Intranet] intranet.exe

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2C1D6EC6-EC14-4E81-A57F-D857E4393FF9}: Domain = cropsci.uiuc.edu

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2C1D6EC6-EC14-4E81-A57F-D857E4393FF9}: NameServer = 128.174.5.58,128.174.5.102

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{36277D00-BBB0-452E-BCEF-65B2D9E64F27}: Domain = cropsci.uiuc.edu

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6B8A4B8B-A7DC-4BD0-9F32-C5C4243ED402}: Domain = cropsci.uiuc.edu

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BE691AE2-698B-452F-8415-D736E4C0A92E}: NameServer = 128.174.5.58,128.174.5.102,129.79.5.100

Only fix the above 017 entries, if you don`t recognise the domain, or they don`t belong to your ISP.

O21 - SSODL: bestreak - {874443fe-aa33-4ebf-a6ac-73208787e62d} - (no file)

O23 - Service: Intranet Service (IntranetService) - Unknown owner - intranet.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

intranet.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint Delete the entire folder.

C:\Program Files\VideoCompressionCodec Delete the entire folder.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of drdedeye only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Looks Goods

Hello Howard,

I followed the steps you provided and things seem to work good. No more spyware screen taking over IE and no more "Sytem Alert" errors messages. Your help has been tremendous. I don't know how you figure all thi sout, but it's guys like you that make it possible for us average users to navigate the cyberworld minefields.

Attached is the latest HJT log.

Thanks a bunch, -John

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back