Hjt to be inspected please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone please check this hjt please. I have just had my pc cleaned and was told to get it confirmed here. hope its clean:rolleyes:

Attachments

• hijackthis txt.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 5
It looks clean, except maybe this entry:
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe

Do you know anything about Boonty Games?

According to what I've found, this can be malicious. So if you have software from Boonty that you know is legitimate, that's fine, and your PC's clean. but if you don't know anything about Boonty games, it's probably bad.
Cheers

This thread is for the use of tam_1 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Boonty Games

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Boonty.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of tam_1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

I see you have installed NTL Netguard. This is a completely crap programme, plus, you`re already running AVG free and it`s not recommended to run more than one antivirus programme at a time. It will slow your system and can cause serious conflicts. I suggest you uninstall NTL Netguard immediately.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of tam_1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back