HJthis.txt - Could you please look this over

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3xynanigoat

Hey guys, my computer seems to be bogging down a bit more lately than in the past. I have had more people on it searching the web than I have ever had in the past. Could you pelase look this over and tell me what's up? Hoping nothing. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
You need to fix at least this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [coatbqs] c:\windows\system32\coatbqs.exe

Does your computer function as a print server or a DHCP server? Or does it share internet connection for other computers? I'm just wondering why you have tcpsvcs.exe running and proxy set to 127.0.0.1:8100.

Good morning and thank you for your time. Your diagnosis has made my week, thank you. As for my computer being a printserver, the answer is no. I also do not recall having my machine set up for ICS anytime in the past. However I may be incorrect about this. Do you find it appropriate for the proxy to be a loopback address? Or could you explan whether it would be better to leave it alone or to change the proxy setting. The only thing I can think of is that the port :8100 looks familiar. Could it be tied to a ventrillo/teamspeak server or perhaps a gaming server?

I was once infected by some sort of application that was causing me errors and recreating 3 or 4 processes. Norton found it (yeah I had norton at one point, love AVG now though) but could not delete it. Everytime I would kill the program it would recreate itself and if I tried to delete it I would get an access denied message because it was in use. After about 15 minutes of back and forth with this I went into explorer and changed the program to run in win95 mode. This must have blown it's mind because the thing stopped running in my processes and then I deleted the *.exe that it was associated with. That coatbqs thing may be the remnants of it.

Port 8100 appears to be tied to xprint-server, however, I'm not sure why you'd need a print server on your system. It can't be for printing from Unix, since you're not on Unix.

you appear to have a lot of yahoo messenger / toolbar crap. remove them and swear you'll never use an instant messanger again. (unless you're a masochist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back