HJTlog my computer needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me my computer is so messed up.
Im getting tons of pop ups, and my computer wont let me delete anything, it also shutsdown by itself sometimes.
My parents just bought norton internet security 2006, will this help my computer, if not what is a better firewall, and ATV?

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not surprised that your computer is messed up.

You`re running a completely unpatched Windows installation, with no antivirus/firewall.

How stupid is that?

No Norton will only mess your system up even more. It`s crap.

Get the free AVG antivirus programme, and the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE and HERE

Disconnect from the internet, and install Zonealarm, followed by AVG. Reboot your computer, and reconnect to the internet. Update the AVG programme to the latest definitions.

Boot into safe mode, and turn off system restore. See how HERE and HERE

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Do a full system scan with AVG, and delete anything it finds.

Then, go and read both these thread by RBS. follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Once you`ve done that. Run Windows updates, and install at least servicpack 1, and preferably servicepack 2.

Then post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I did all that stuff, I fixed stuff on hjt but it keeps coming back. My computer wont let me see hidden files either, I did what it said to see the hidden files but it wont work. It also wont let me install the zone alarm firewall, it says im missing a root directory or something.

Then, go and read both these thread by RBS. follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Once you`ve done that. Run Windows updates, and install at least servicpack 1, and preferably servicepack 2.

Then post a fresh HJT log.

Please go and follow the above instructions. They are for your own good.

Download, and run all the programmes suggested by RBS. They will clean lot`s of nasties from your computer.

Get rid of the HJT entries as set out in RBS`s threads. For example all 015 trusted zone entries should be fixed etc.

Post a fresh HJT log only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back