Hollywood Plus Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bretty

I am curious about the audio option of this card.

I use the Sound Blaster live 5.1 card, and at the moment i use the SP-DIF output to my creative 5.1 speakers through my software player.
This sounds very good, and I would like this to be untouched.

My question is.....can you have the hollywood plus just decode the video signal? and leave the audio alone?

Of course you can.

Instead of having your DVD drive's internal audio analogue cable connected to your sound card, you stop it off at the H+ card, and then connect a similar 2nd cable from your H+ to the sound card. You then just have sound card connect to speakers.

You could also do this externally by plugging the external audio output of the H+ into your sound card's line in or something. But I guess that the internal option is better.

DVD Genie http://www.inmatrix.com/genie/ will allow you to have the Soundcard output the audio, though you should be able to do this ok without connecting anything to the Soundcard also (Least this is the case with the Xcard anyway).
Only thing is A. There's no "real" 5.1 output this way, just stereo replicated in front/rear speakers B. The Hollywood Plus still decodes the AC-3 in software.

Probably the best option is to just use the S/PDIF out if the system has a DTS/AC-3 decoder. If you don't want to swap wires though then you'd want to connect the h+'s S/PDIF Output to the S/PDIF Input of the Live! drive, set that to S/PDIF Bypass/passthrough in AudioHQ & the live! will send the AC-3/DTS to the external decoder.

Thomas.

I was hoping you'd see this post. I dont have external decoder, although I still get a signal. (a nice one too!!)

So you think I can just slap the H+ into the PCI slot...and within the driver set ask it to leave the audio alone.

More over, this question will probably superscede all of them. Will my system benifit from the card? only for tvout I have read, although with the software option, the fast moving objects in the background are very blurry and look like Medal Of Honor on a Voodoo2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back