Home Audio: converting L-R output to headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

I know this is not really the standard type of question answered here, but I was hoping you guys could help me out!

I want to set up headphones that will work with watching TV and DVDs. My TV has audio out jacks (red and white RCA). I'm assuming that I'll be able to find a cable to convert male RCA to a female 1/8 inch headphone port.

My question is, will I be able to get the speakers on the TV to not play while using the headphones? I'm guessing that if I plug the headphones in, and then lower the tvs volume on the remote, it will lower the volume of both the speakers and the headphones, right? Is there any way around this that I'm missing?

Does anyone have a better solution for attaching headphones to a system like this? Also, the TV is in a wall unit that makes getting behind it difficult, so frequent plug changes are not going to happen.

Thank you for your help! :D

It is up to the TV whether it has separate controls for separate audio outputs.

TV sets do turn off the integrated speakers when you plug something in the headphone jack, no idea about the RCA outputs.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Yeah I guess I'll just have to get the cable and see if it works out or not. For some reason I doubt that I'll be able to control the two volumes separately but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back