Home Network internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
My home network is working fine with new computer, I can see all other computers and I can print from new computer...but I cannot connect to internet, no matter what I do. ????

Call up your ISP have them check your line...
Do you have a router? Did you configure your it?

Need some more info. XP or Vista?

if xp sometimes the best thing is to restart the router just unplug for 60 secs than plug power back in.

otherwise goto control panel:> network connections:> local area connection:>support: >repair

See if this works and get back to us. :)

If your other PCs can connect to the internet, it is unlikely to be a router problem.
First, go to the system folder in control panel, then hardware and check that your network adapter is running properly. If not, check the drivers and reinstall if necessary.
Second, go to network connections in the control panel and find your network connection - check that it is active. If active, go to properties, find TCP/IP and check that it is set to find the IP and DNS values automatically - if not - set them to automatic.
Third, go to the security settiings and check that the firewall is set to off - we can always put it back on if necessary. If you have the windows firewall on as well as another such as Norton this can cause problems.
Fourth, go to Start>Run>cmd>OK>type in ipconfig = you should see something like this:
ethernet adapter local area
Connection specific
IP address 192.168.1.11
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1
If not, here is the source of the probem.
Tell us what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back