home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_caz

hi

can anyone help me set up 2 computers for home networking.
no idea how to do this, I have the cable and I have tried to set it up but nothing..I just cant get to grasps with it!

anyone out there willing to help!? :knock:

INFORMATION Please

What operating system is on these computers? Do you have NICs in them? Do you have a router? What type of cable is it that you have? A crossover cable?

Nic

If you don't have one in each computer, yes, you need to get them. Simply check the rear of your PCs to see if there's a port to plug the crossover cable into. If you need them, you're in luck - there one of the cheapest components to buy for a PC. Don't pay more than $15 USD for one. Reply with anymore questions.

home networking

main computer: i have connection, which is indicated by a small message and i can see a yellow dot moving up and down.

laptop: status connected but no matter what!! i cant access the internet?
anyone have some ideas why i cant access the web?

i have done that, ive mad sure the ip and gateway adresses are correct
when i try to connect to the internet on my second comp(laptop) i get a dial up box but im alrdy connected on my main comp ive went through all setups but i still cant get it to work, i feel im overlooking 1 thing but dont know what.

On the laptop.
In Control Panel select Internet Options | Connections tab and set it to 'Never dial a connection'

thanks; :grinthumb but that is not the problem.
i think i shall quit!
thanks to all that offered help and advice, cheers!

You give up easily. :)
Did you try pinging each computer to check that they see each other? Have you checked the firewall settings? How did you check the network settings?

Go to Start and in the Run box type

cmd /k ipconfig/all

Do this on both machines to check they are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back