Homepage replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I open internet explorer, I automatically get redirected to http://www.sysprotectionpage.net/ instead of google, which is my set homepage. this also happens when I hit the home button. here's a copy of the HJT file. Thanks in advance =)

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with all kinds of crap.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

done and...

almost done. =p seems i still have popups from outerinfo (i'll google a fix for that in a sec) but, here's an updated HJT after the initial barrage of programs, etc. On a side note, i wasn't able to run a few things on those lists (such as ewido) due to the fact that this machine is running win64. Thanks again =)

This is goingt to be a little difficult as I`m not familiar with Windows 64.

However, I have idntified some nasty entries in your HJT log.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

1b78249f.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1b78249f.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\1b78249f.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mddi] "C:\WINDOWS\DOBE~1\iexplore.exe" -vt yax

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Clg] C:\PROGRA~2\FNTS~1\TSKMGR~1.EXE

Fix all O18 - Protocol: entries.

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nopdb.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winuns32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winuns32.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winuns32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nopdb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\1b78249f.exe

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and post a fresh HJT log.

Let us know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

half an hour of surfing at random...

and not a peep. =) Thank you for all the help, Howard.

--On a side note (in regards to 64), I've only had issues with most antivirus programs, but, kaspersky, f-secure, and bitdefender all worked remotely. think there was one or 2 more, but generally, all of the apps you mentioned to use worked. if not, you had instructions on your site in case they didn't. (guessing for the win98 steadfast) but all in all, most everything on here was helpful.

Thanks again,

yabo!

Just have HJT fix this entry.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winuns32 - winuns32.dll (file missing)

Other than the above superfluous entry, as far as I can tell, your HJT log is clean.

And...

Viola! (hope we got it all) Thanks again, Howard, just noticed you're in England. Quite suprising you're up all night (or day in our case)

Thank You =)

Your last HJT log is clean as far as I can tell.

I`m frequently on Techspot at some very weird times lol

It`s currently 12:16am here in the uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back