Homeworld 2 for the PC won`t run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am no Noob to computers but i recently purchased (brand new) Homeworld 2 for the PC,

Now my laptop which doesn't have a problem normally won't even run the program and i don't know why, the system is above the standards needed to run it. have tried in compatibility mode and still no luck... running out of ideas now and i don't know what to do...

Thanks

Steve

First off, welcome to the forums, might be an idea to introduce yourself on the TS community section on the forum index so that we can get to know you a little. Secondly im sure we will be able to help sort your problem out but first of all some more information on your Laptop is needed, What operating system are you running, what are the specs etc.

If your running Vista however there is a known problem with some games not functioning such as Halo etc so if its that its just a question of waiting to see if a patch becomes available.

Hope this helps.... :)

yes i have installed the patch and still no joy

I have windows XP with over the recommended specs to run this game, its just a shame because i know how damn good it is!!!

I will include my dxdiag so you can see...

Steve

View attachment 13238

I'm pretty sure that your integrated graphics, VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, does not support transform and lighting which Homeworld 2 requires. Without T & L support, it won't run.

Buy a new laptop that is capable of running 3d games.

Unfortunately, the videocard/3d card isn't generally something you can modify or upgrade on laptops, so you're basically going to need a different laptop to play games that require T&L if your laptop doesn't have this gaming/3d feature.

Yes, the integrated graphics combined with a Celeron processor and that shared RAM, your laptop wasn't built with gaming in mind. If you thought you were buying a gaming laptop, you were mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back