Hosting recommendations needed

halo71

Can anyone recommend a descent host? Was with stickypond, didn't like them. Moved to powweb, was really good. But now they are having issues with their servers that they can't seem to fix. And the site is running so slow. Tired of paying for nothing! Plus its affecting the sites growth. We are looking at moving somewhere else, preferably phpBB3. Any recommendations will be most appreciated! :)

I have used Valueweb for many years for one of my websites and have not had any problems or issues. Not sure where they fit in from a price perspective, but have had no problems with their reliability. The site that I host with them (not my cable business) is very low traffic and I pay $21.95 per month. For my cable business, which requires a strong ecommerce solution, I use monstercommerce.com which is owned by Network Solutions. Much more expensive, of course.

Thanks for the information! That is a little more than I was wanting to spend per month for such a simple website that we have. I have also be recommended to check out 1and1, I think we will try them first. They are a little cheaper.

What are your requirements halo71? I run a vBulletin website on a free host (sounds weird I know). How much space do you need? I set up a website for another clan that has 7gb of space and almost 70gb of bandwidth, and that's free :) (with no ads :D) . I have seen 1&1 ads in every magazine that pertains to computers; you know; those 6 page ads. If I were willing to spend money on a host, I would use them :) .

7gb of space and 70gb bandwidth would be plenty. Thing is the owner of the site, my friend, wants to stay with phpBB3. We are just fed up with powweb right now. So requirements aren't that great really, the site only has around 200 members with only around 40 active on a daily basis. That is right now anyways.

Back