Hot but Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatline100

Hello

My PC fan is very loud I leave it on and during the night you can hear it spinning like mad.

I have run Everest ...
Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU 37 °C (99 °F)

These seem a bit bellow average unless i'm wrong, is it just a noisy fan or is it hot?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your temps seem fine.

Probably just a noisy fan.

What size fan is it?

If it`s only a small fan, they do tend to be a bit noisy.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Chatline100 said:
Well it's not an amazing fan ...... there are two so that could be the noise, maybe if i clean it ...

Yes, giving it a good old clean may well help with the noise.

Regards Howard :)

you can always change the fans to a larger/quieter one. Bear in mind that a quieter one of the same size usually means it'll push less air....

A quieter one thats larger usually pushes at least the same amount of air.

My computer sounds like a rocket. And its because of the 120mm fan.

Or it could be the new 40mm fan, I can't tell :D. Its a symphony in there.

Most of those should be quite quiet. I know if I do a few things, my computer is basically silent. Those things are:
1. Reducing the speed on my Tt UFO (cpu fan). Easily done through back panel voltage control.
2. Reducing the speed of my back 120mm fan. This one's tricky since there's no control, but I've got a 7V line I can connect that to which would definately help.
3. Reducing the speed of my 40mm NB fan. Another tricky one, came with a voltage regulator, but I didn't install it. Would need to install that if I want to do anything about this one. Not sure about the sound it currently produces, cos my 120mm fan produces more noise than this one.

I'm currently running 8 fans as well:
CPU fan (Tt UFO)
Graphics fan (Zalman VF700-Cu)
Top 80mm
Side 80mm
Front 120mm (for HDD, had a nightmarish episode where my HDDs slowed to a crawl, transferring data at 1mb/s. As I transfer data around all 3 networked computers alot, its unacceptable).
Back 120mm
PSU 2x80mm (changed to something more powerful, yet still silent).

This setup I must say is not for everyone, I can say I have no warranty on anything but RAM (which came with its own heatspreader). Assuming its still within warranty time (my X800XT is).

a loud wooooshing sound, hmm, is it adjustable? Is it the 80mm(varying) on your case? Imo, you can get some wirecutters and cut out the grate thats infront of the fan, it will reduce the noise signicantly. Or try to buy a adjustable good quality fan from antec, or something, so you can adjust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back