Hot Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhmuz

This isn't so much as a question but more as a sort of comparison and a feedback post, just want to see what people think of a X850 Pro agp GPU going past the boiling point all the way to 106 degrees Celsius, still stable too and no noticeable damage, now it rarely exceeds 70 but as comparison would like to know what max temps you've hit on GPU's in general.

Thanks.

they get pretty high, but it depends a lot on where you live. if you live in NY and report a max temp, it'll no doubt be lower than a report coming from texas. my computer recently had a shutdown when it reached 120 degrees. i live in florida.

according to the Nvidia software reading, my 7600GT (Gigabyte SilentPipeII) usually runs around 45°C-50°C, I've never seen it go above 65°C under load. not bad for a passively cooled video card ;)

the shutdown threshold for my card is 115°C

it's not overclocked, so I don't know how hot it would get it if it was overclocked.

:wave:

My 8800GTX idles at about 55C and reaches full load temps of just over 70C. The temps are that low mainly because of my w/cooling rig.

rage, i would have expected much lower temps than 55°C-70°C with water cooling. is your 8800GTX overclocked? if your CPU is in the same water circuit, does it get that hot as well?

Yeah the card is clocked at 700/2000 from the stock clocks of 575/1800. My CPU has the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro on it and so I didn't put it in the same circuit. It runs at about 32C idle and hits a max of 49C at full load.

Well actually it hit those temps in the winter and living in Canada it gets pretty damn cold during the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back