Hotmail permanent deactivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i have a problem, i want to deactivate my hotmail account and messenger
i know i can simply avoid using it, but due to other collateral damage i may experience, i want to shut it down for ever and i want those on my contact list to get a massage when they try to contact me or mail me that this account doesnt exist any more
is this possible?

It is easy to shut down Hotmail. Just contact MSN.
But the notification message requires hotmail. You can use the "vacation" or "away" from the office" messaging service in hotmail to notifiy all senders.
But if you want it gone now, trouble free, send a onetime message to all correspondents in your address book, informing them of the shutdown, and whether or not they can reach you elsewhere.

thanks raybay
but there is no icon in hotmail that propagates message to all contacts, can u kindly tell me how this can be done step by step
thanks

Sorry, I can nolonger access hotmail to do a search... as I allowed my account to expire after the 120 limit. I did it. I learned how from a search of hotmail.
You can use your existing hotmail filtering, forwarding, or vacation (out of office) notifications just like non-web based email accounts. Do a search while in Hotmail and they will eventually get you to it... I would search for "forwarding", "Vacation (out of office) notifications" and other obvious choices.
I was able to forward to all in my address book. I was able to flag my account so that anyone who sent messages to my hotmail account received a reply.

They may have changed Hotmail, because I notice they now charge you $19.95 a year for full service at hotmail, but then that never expires as the free one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back