How Can I Reinstall The Os,without Losing My Files With A Partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew2777

Like I Make A Partition Of 20gb Just For Vista...how Does That Help Me?

If I Get A Virus...can I Reinstall Vista Without Losing My Files?

After you boot in windows xp,insert xp disc choose Install win XP,
at the windows setup screen choose Installation type Upgrade

it is not recommend to install winXP or other OS together in a single hardware it may inflict with errors.. try buying a DVD's and back-up your files there, by spanning 2 DVD's. and fresh install would be the best one to do. P.S.

ttray33y said:
it is not recommend to install winXP or other OS together in a single hardware it may inflict with errors.. try buying a DVD's and back-up your files there, by spanning 2 DVD's. and fresh install would be the best one to do. P.S.
i dont know what ur talking about?

i wasnt going to install 2 OS's...just make a partition for the OS,so that i can reinstall it if something goes really wrong without loosing all my files

pejung said:
After you boot in windows xp,insert xp disc choose Install win XP,
at the windows setup screen choose Installation type Upgrade
how do i do it in VISTA?

if i have vista and its partitioned...do i put upgrade when i want to reinstall too?

Ok So You Make The Partition Just For Vista Around 20 Gb....

So Now What?

Lets Say U Get A Big Virus Or Something That U Cant Fix...

U Put In The Windows Vista Cd And Select Upgrade And Choose The Partition "D" drive?

Easy As That? Dont Lose Any Files on the "C" drive?

matthew2777 said:
i dont know what ur talking about?

i wasnt going to install 2 OS's...just make a partition for the OS,so that i can reinstall it if something goes really wrong without loosing all my files

i dont actually mean it 2 OS,, meaning it is not recommended if you re-install (repair install) an OS cuz it would not completely delete or replace the infected file/files.

i think he wants this scenario:

120Gb HDD:
20GB Windows OS (Partition A)
100GB Data drive (Partition B)
Like I Make A Partition Of 20gb Just For Vista...how Does That Help Me?
If I Get A Virus...can I Reinstall Vista Without Losing My Files?
Windows gets stuffed up, you loose only Partiton A, keeping all his files in B. Quick fix solution, 40 minutes reinstall windows, 20 doing drivers and software.

Assuming you have all your files on Partition B (and nothing in Desktop or My Docs folders etc) then you simply write over it, making sure you select that partition when windows installer ask you to. Just like your installing windows for the first time :)

Does that answer your question?

N3051M said:
i think he wants this scenario:

120Gb HDD:
20GB Windows OS (Partition A)
100GB Data drive (Partition B)

Windows gets stuffed up, you loose only Partiton A, keeping all his files in B. Quick fix solution, 40 minutes reinstall windows, 20 doing drivers and software.

Assuming you have all your files on Partition B (and nothing in Desktop or My Docs folders etc) then you simply write over it, making sure you select that partition when windows installer ask you to. Just like your installing windows for the first time :)

Does that answer your question?

yes thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back