How do i actually share a NEW file in Kazza

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you share a file in Kazza so people can download it?
I have enabled file sharing and i am now functioning as a super node. Im using Kazza Lite.

I've seen users dowload from my pc other files (EG Car burnouts) but not my NEW MPEG which I have made.

Are there any other tricks?

thanx

Its not much more complex than just putting the file in your shared folder. When someone does a search that contains your file's name, it will show up on a search.

If you really want to share something - effectively, that is - then go onto IRC, find a channel that's serving the kind of file you are sharing, then use a bot such as sysreset to serve access to the file.

But, in answer to your question, as far as I know, you just place it in your shared folder.

Could you give me some more information about the IRC/bot concept. I have played some with IRC, but never with any bots (although I am going to try the one you mentioned).

I have used a couple of hybrid p2p/irc programs like SoulSeek (which I cherish) and Piolet (buggy) and DC2 (hated it), but everyone says IRC is the way to go. I'm just missing it by a hair, I'm afraid...

Thanks in advance....

Jase

its a hacked version of Mirc which runs, adding a user (a bot) to the channel, that can be sent commands and queries.

How much bandwidth are you sharing and what supernode are u? If u arent sharing enough bandwidth no one is gonna wanna spend hours downloading a video only u have. U might wanna try keywords in the name of the mpeg that will help it pop up in peoples searches.

I am using Kazaa Lite K++, and in that you can import folders to share in conjunction with 'My Shared Folder'. To do this simply click the folder button with the red star in the corner, which is on the bottom toolbar in "My Kazaa Lite K++". Then just follow the wizard. I dunno if you're using that version, and if not, if your version supports it.

Why are you functioning as a supernode?

And chances are, people are searching for stuff like "car burnouts", not whatever your MPG file is titled...If that's what it is, noone wants to see video of your kids out on a picnic :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back