How do I browse a non accessible area on a slave drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend2u

My old computer had a problem with windows (or the drive not sure) which I could not resolve even after system restore attempts I was still getting the "windows cannot start cannot find windows system32 system file". So I took the drive out and slaved it to my other PC and low and behold I could see a lot of files and folders but not those associated with "Documents and Settings\Owner" when I tried to open the Documents and settings folder entitled "Owner" I got a message stating "non accessible". Can anyone tell me how to get into that folder so I can copy out my files and folders which are under the owner directory???? I was thinking of buying some file recovery software
which claims to work even for deleted files but I dont know if it would work around that non accessible problem or not!

Thanks it worked

Your post helped me greatly..I reclaimed files using your suggestion, I honestly thought they were lost and the folders indicated zero bytes but in reality they contained much data, but I had to own them to see that! Very greatly appreciated I cant thank you enough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back