How Do i burn iamges on to a dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Ok people i downloaded this file of the net and i need to put it on a dvd a assumed that i could just extract the files and set it up but its just one big file so i just want to know why is it by burning it to a dvd make it useable also how do i go about doing this the file types our bin/cue the bin is massive and the cue could you explain to me what these our and how i can burn them to a dvd to make these files usable thanks

The file with the extension '.bin' is a binary image of the cd/dvd, the file with the '.cue' extension is a 'cuesheet' and contains information about the format of the binary image. Although some applications can do without the cuesheet most applications require it to burn the image, so you should keep both of them. You can burn it with the free application ImgBurn.

This is legal software, right?

Burning choices and ?

What software are you useing ? Did it come with the burner ?
Only use this.
If you just want to back up this file,choose "data disk"
I doubt it can be playable till copied to a hard drive.

yea its legal i dont do illegal dloadin waste of time tbh so could you guys give me like a walkthrough of how i can get these images on a dvd so i can run it please ty :)

1. Right click on the image and select properties, if the image is bigger than 730MiB it's probably a DVD image. If not then it's probably a CD image.
2. Put the correct media in the burner.
3. Open the cuesheet in ImgBurn, select the right speed and burn it.

It really is as simple as that.

emm im confused do i have to burn them serparaet? the cue and bin ? or together ? and why do i have to burn them onto a cd and not just run them from my hd :( its so annoying :(

No. The '.bin' is the image, but you still need the '.cue' to burn the image. If you don't want to burn it to a cd/dvd you can also run it from your harddrive using emulation software like DaemonTools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back