How do I connect my PS2 to my PC monitor?

ramonsterns

So I bought a PS2 a week ago and was looking into hooking it up to my PC/Monitor rather than my TV. Does anyone know what I would need to make this possible?

A cheap alternative would be preferable, but if not I can save up if I really, really want it on my PC.

If you post your monitor make and model we can check out what video connections it has and recommend the best way of hooking up the PS2 to it :)

If you post your monitor make and model we can check out what video connections it has and recommend the best way of hooking up the PS2 to it :)

This one here.

Also, is there any way to connect it directly to my computer via USB, perhaps?

I've been looking through eBay for a while and came across this and this, but since I have no experience hooking up TV stuffs to my computer, I can't tell if they would work.

Thanks.

Something like this
http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Input-PlayStation-Gamecube-Dreamcast-Camcorder/dp/B000JCLLUW

This will convert the PS2 output to a vga signal, which can then be connected to the VGA port of your monitor.

Some conversion processes will cause a lag in your gaming experience (undesirable).
You would not want, for example, to send the ps2 to a video/tv capture device, and then from there send it out to your monitor.
This kind of direct conversion would be better.
The cable you found on ebay... dunno... prices that look too good to be true often are.

Second look...
neither ebay link is desirable.
1. Converts the wrong direction (vga to analog).
2. the second is for video capture, see above.

Also... You may find this discussion to be enlightening...
http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=255825

Sorry, been distracted with work.
Looking at that model the only connections for video on it are HDMI and VGA.
This means that you'd have to buy a convertor for the PS2 signal as B00kWyrm has already suggested.

So I bought a PS2 a week ago and was looking into hooking it up to my PC/Monitor rather than my TV. Does anyone know what I would need to make this possible?

A cheap alternative would be preferable, but if not I can save up if I really, really want it on my PC.
Ans:-Get Vga cable for monitor from amazon,it will cost u only $10

Would I be able to connect my pc scrren to my pc and then connect my tv screen to my pc and then connect my ps2 onto my screen and then recored useing my pc screen to recored my ps2 screen

I have a similar question... I have a PS1 which has a PS2 cable (av Multi to scart) and I would like to plug it into my pc. Pc only has USB ports left and I was wondering which cable I would need to be able to connect this? Thanks

Since your monitor support HDMI input, you can get a video converter like the one in link below:
http://www.amazon.com/LinkStyle-Component-Converter-Adaptor-interface/dp/B003ABST3G

It will convert the signal from standard video cables to HDMI compatible output. But this is not the best one available.

Below are the reviews I found on some of the other forums about above mentioned device.

The good:
  • Handles component output from my PS2, PSP, and PS3 (and probably any other component video I can find) and converts it to HDMI.
  • Seems to keep resolution about the same. Things didn't look horrendously blurry. Sure - it loses a little - but not as much as some of these solutions I've seen
  • Will output at 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, & 1080p. Oddly enough - it looks better the higher you go.

The bad:

• Rainbow coloration off movie text on the PSP
  • Darker than the original source - compared component video output to this component-to-HDMI output
  • Might have some issues with TVs. This box worked flawlessly on my Acer computer monitor, but never worked with my Sony Bravia.
Overall I guess its a good alternative to standard video cables.

Hope this helps :)

Back