How do I convert mozilla boommarks back to IE fave's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

How do I convert mozilla bookmarks back to IE fave's??

I've been dealing with Firefox crashing constantly long enough and am giving up. Time to start using IE6 again. My problem is I don't know how to convert my mozilla bookmarks back into IE favourites. Mozilla did the conversion when I installed it long back, but I don't want to uninstall to find out it won't let me revert them. If that is the case, can someone say so, or explain how to reconvert them back to IE? I tried the import/export function in IE but it results in an error when finished.

1. I`ve been using Firefox for a while now.It`s a bit clunky sometimes,but it certainly doesn`t crash constantly.Have you tried re-installing it ? Try this instead - http://www.opera.com/

2.To export favourites to IE - Go to Manage Bookmarks/File/Export in Firefox.Export bookmarks.html to desktop.In IE go to File/Import/ and then select Favourites.Browse to the desktop bookmarks file.
If that doesn`t work there must be problems elsewhere.

If Im not totally mistaken, use can use AM Deadlink to convert them to which ever browser you chose when running multiple browsers, after you scan. Ive used it in the past but cant recall gonna reinstall it in a few anyways so let ya know. Either way a good download. AMDeadlink You can also check out these sites for other proggies that might do the trick.
h$$p://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network_and_Internet/URL_and_Bookmark_Managers/
&
h$$p://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm
&
h$$p://100-downloads.com/ :grinthumb

Oh yeah I'd definetly agree go with Opera, I run it as my main, firefox secondary and then IE. Feature-rich, Opera's great cuz when the browser crashes it reopens with the option of open all the last viewed pages/restored before crash or to start with no tabs or at homepage. A nice added feature that you'll soon see Microsoft copy/tweak out Anyways Peace hope it helps.

I personally use firefox, and I do not like IE. I would try a reinstall of firefox, or if that doesn't work (or you don't want to), go with Opera. I have heard nothing but good things about Opera.

If you are going back to IE, I suggest that you use SlimBrowser instead. It is based on IE, and has the power of IE, but has ActiveX Filters so it is more secure. In my opinion, it is the best tabbed browser of them all, and has more built-in options (as apposed to plug-ins) than Firefox or IE. I have been using it for years, and prefer it to Firefox.

Here is the link: http://www.flashpeak.com/

Hey thanks guys. I am in the process of trying out Opera....so far I really like it. Almost seems easier to use. I may also give Slimbrowser a similar look-see as well. Thanks for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back