How do I delete a Trojan if I can't go online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm374

My computer has had a trojan for some time and I can't go online whatsoever. I tried dial up, wireless and wired ethernet connection. also, with this problem all these error message would pop up.

so I decided to reformat and reinstall a fresh copy of windows.
I did it and now the video card doesn't work because the drivers are gone,
the modem i'm trying to install won't read
no sound
network wired connection will not work

the only that would work was the modem, however once it was installed, i had to restart the computer and a blue screen would pop up saying I need to update by BIOS...I have no idea what that is.

I know I need to install the drivers, but most of them are online
now I can't go online because of the missing drivers for the modem...

what do I do?

can i still keep this computer.

I told you I know nothing.....please help...:(

what do I do?

You should not have to dump a PC, for the lack of of a modem driver.:)

If the modem didn`t come with a driver CD,and you`ve used the "Add hardware wizard",

and Windows failed to find a suitable driver,then you could download one using another PC,

or you could try a more generic modem.There is a page HEREthat describes the situation.

BTW,if you`ve reinstalled the OS,the Trojan should be gone.

Just make sure your firewall is working,when you do eventually connect.

I tried to connect to another computer and both computers didn't reognize the connection...also...I'm using windows 2k on the "infected" computer...anything else I can do? how about the BIOS problem when the modem is installed? thanks so much for the help!!!

I`ve just been reading your other threads.It seems you have cable internet,and not what I was thinking you had.

The fact that two Pcs don`t connect,indicates basic configuration problems.

There are general installation details HERE

Try looking at your cable providers help pages for specific advice.

General cable connection problems HERE

Your connected now in order to write us here. Try opening your case to the computer your having issues with and find the maker of your modem. Once you do, do a search for it and download the driver either to a floppy disk or a CD, then install it in the one you did it for.

i have windows 2000 and just reformat my computer and reinstalled a fresh copy of 2K on my computer because of a Trojan Virus

In Order to go online and download the new drivers I have to install my 56k modem because there is NO cable, nor dsl available in this area.

I just installed my 56k modem and or course i have to restart the computer in order for the modem to work and go online.

Right before the welcome screen comes on i get a blue page saying the following

*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00010003, 0x85E70610,0x00000008,0x85E8B330)
The ACPI BIOS in this system is not fully commpliant with the ACPI speficiation. Please read the READ .TXT for possible workarounds. You can also contact your system's manufacturer for an updated BIOS, or visit
http:www.hardware-update.com to see if a new BIOS is available.

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit http:www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was [ressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

I have reinstalled windows 4 times now and this same blue page comes on after I install the drivers for the 56k modem....what do i do? I know there are instructions on the screen however, I have no idea what the blue screen is talking about.... PLEASE HELP!!

you will need to contact your motherboard manufactuer to have them send you a BIOS update on a floppy. You will then need to update (flash) your BIOS. I hope you have a real floppy drive. And flashing BIOS is tricky. Be patient and let it complete thoroughly, if not, you will have a dead computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back