How do I download a newer version of directX ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblued5

Ive downloaded directX 9.0c and all that i see on my desktop ar books which i extracted with win.rar so there into folders now what do i do??? On Steam(For Counter Strike: Source) it says my graphics card is versoin 6.14.10.3720
Any help wud be grately apreasheated

the books are the unextracted files. you need to go into the folder that you extracted the files into. once you're in that folder there should be a "setup" icon, click that and it should start the installation.

otherwise try this one ,it is a .exe version (not a .rar version), it should install itself once clicked on.

good luck :)

Cant remeber exactly. but if the files and folders extracted into one main folder, then you need to double click the file called "install, setup or i just dx90c" might have ".exe" on the end of those names.

sorry not got a downloaded archive of that one at the moment
but you need to run the setup program.

thx for the .exe im downloading it right now and what happens if it doesnt work.....lol ill try putting everything into one folder cause when i go into seperate folders it says its missinging something wen i click on the download file.

the download u gave me doesnt work .... its the same thing but there more things there like those book things of dates like (ex.JUNE2006) and theres like 20 of them wdf? what am i suppose to extract???i tried the download one and it seemed like it worked but then what? when i go to steam it still says i still have DirectX 6....Im getting stressed.

I told you already, your direct x 9.0c is installed and is OK.

you are reading a driver version . A driver version is different to a direct x package version

the driver you think is direct x version 6 is just a driver in the direct x 9.0c package.

have you checked the requirements for steam as well to see if your system is good enough to play it? cause thats why you are getting glitches.

good luck

Minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Theres the requirements!!!as u see it says i need directX 7 or higher, i have all the other requirements!!!

Hi again

No you dont, your processor is 1.808ghz which is not as big 2.4ghz
1.808 shortens down to 1.8ghz which is lower than 2.4ghz

so your processor is not fast enough to play that game
and you have the latest direct x already.

so you will have to play a different game i'afaid.

pcaceit said:
No you dont, your processor is 1.808ghz which is not as big 2.4ghz
1.808 shortens down to 1.8ghz which is lower than 2.4ghz

so your processor is not fast enough to play that game
um.. yes he does, and yes it is

the minimum CPU speed for that game is a 1.2GHz processor, a 1.8GHz processor is well above the minimum. it may not play it as well as the recommended 2.4, but it can indeed handle it.

also, that CPU speed spec is relative to intel processors only. AMDs have equivilent performance at much lower clock speeds. i don't know what his processor is (and I don't know where you saw that he has a 1.8GHz either :confused: ). but if he has an Athlon64 processor at 1.8GHz, then it is well above even the recommended 2.4GHz spec.

KingCody said:
um.. yes he does, and yes it is

the minimum CPU speed for that game is a 1.2GHz processor, a 1.8GHz processor is well above the minimum. it may not play it as well as the recommended 2.4, but it can indeed handle it.

also, that CPU speed spec is relative to intel processors only. AMDs have equivilent performance at much lower clock speeds. i don't know what his processor is (and I don't know where you saw that he has a 1.8GHz either :confused: ). but if he has an Athlon64 processor at 1.8GHz, then it is well above even the recommended 2.4GHz spec.

bigblued5 posted multiple threads about direct x from yesterday,
think they ran dxdiag or system properties and posted processor speed as 1808mhz and did not know how to work out in ghz. ill add link to thread so see if you can help

Thanks

Wud a 2.66 Pentium D from www.newegg.com be good for CSS? or a different new processor cause im thinking of buy one, the most i wud spend is $120 canadian. I might also buy a new graphics card, nothing really good but maybe a Gforce 6500 or something like that most i wud spend on that wud be $150 - $170 canadian. Any suggestions????? king cody???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back