***how Do I Find Out What Chipset My Mother Board Has Got***

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey people i've got a bit of a dilema. you see im thinkin of upgradin my processor but i need to know how i find out what chipset my motherboard has.

so if ne1 has ne info on how i find out den plz write bk

cya laterz people

genius? nah, jus' been messing wid 'pooters for a long tyme. (Ebonics mode!) :approve:

download PCWizard as well.

You can look those up on Google fast & easy but I'll humour you.
Taken from whatis.comWhen a computer is booted (started), serial presence detect (SPD) is information stored in an electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) chip on a synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM) memory module that tells the basic input/output system (BIOS) the module's size, data width, speed, and voltage. The BIOS uses this information to configure the memory properly for maximum reliability and performance. If a memory module does not have SPD, the BIOS assumes the memory module's information. With some memory, this does not cause problems. But SDRAM memory has to have SPD or the computer may not boot at all. If it does boot, the assumed information may cause fatal exception errors

Before SPD, memory chips were identified with parallel presence detect (PPD). PPD used a separate PIN for each bit of information, which meant that only the speed and density of the memory module could be stored because of the limited space for pins. The EEPROM chip on an SPD memory module only requires two pins so more information can be stored.
In short, it's an automatic way of configuring your memory.

alexhayes111 said:
hey does ne1 know what spd is

Are you talking about that SPD tab in the CPU-Z program?

It gives you more detailed info about your ram.

EDIT: just read didou's post above. Wow. Never mind my blabbering. Talk to didou about SPD! :hotbounce

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

alexhayes111 said:
if ne1 has ne info on how to find out how many mbs my graphics card has then plz post it!

If you download the free Everest programme, which is linked in the above post, it will give you lots of info about your system. Including info about your graphics card.

You might also want to take a look at this post HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back