How do I get DSL on my flashdrive (and boot it up also)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayway8

yeah i need to no where to get damn small linux and also how to boot it off a flashdrive, thanks

Ha ha ha yeah I got gmail so I believe I know about google, which i have already have done went to the mirror site to download it then there are a bunch of files I was asking what files to I need from there to be able to boot from a flash drive while in windows.

Get knoppix then just boot off it. In order for it to work off a flash drive in the boot process you probably have to go to your bios and change the boot order.

You don't Boot it in Windows,

He is new to OS's not The "Graphical" internet.

Anyways, Your PC may not Support USB Bootable Devices so i advise Downloading the DSL USB Boot Floppy .img file Use "Rawrite" to Write this Image a spare Floppy.

Next Get your dsl-xxx.zip with DSL USB in it and (last one i used was anyway :S) you then just put it on the USB stick and Reboot your PC with the Floppy in and the USB Stick in

Hope this helped, i thaught there was a Howto for this? for Future reference Anyone trying to get an OS working don't messaround Froum Posting it doesn't work just experiment your self with the OS.

Jim,

Yes you can you use the embedded version to boot up inside windows i found out a while ago but thanks for your support :D

Ohh sorry :p

i presumed you wanted to Boot from a USB Stick :D :D

no worries i see they included qemu espetialy for the Newbies wanting to run linux in windows,
Useful i guess but defeats the object of Multi-OSing in my view :p

anyways enjoy that linux very simple and clicky :p

Jim,

(Look at BSD / Installations of Linux)

yeah everything is in the one file qemu and all. I just wanted it so I can use on the computers at school, and DSL has a bunch of apps i wanted to use and the school restricts downloading.

Ahh many ways past that my man ;) ,

if you need any help mail me *******@gmail.com

Jim,

Edit: Please do not put your e-mail address on a public webpage. Use the PM feature of the forums or instant messengers if you want to exchange such personal data. -- Nodsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back