How do I hook up 2 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old laptop running on windows 95 and i'm trying to transfer all of my photos to my desktop. My laptop only has a cd rom drive. can i do this all by usb?

What you can do is buy a cheap usb flash memmory and save it to the flash memmory then transfer it to your other computer.

Or you could save the pictures to you're cammera then transfer them to youre pc.

is your laptop connected to a home network? local network transfers are the easiest method.

direct connection (via USB, serial, or parallel cables) may be difficult if not impossible because of windows95 on your laptop.

you could also remove the hard drive from the laptop and put it into an external enclosure like this one , that way you'll have access to all files on your laptop.

or as crossfire suggested, a flash drive would be a simple way to transfer as well.

I don't think i'm connected to a network. So maybe removing my hard drive would be the best. Is it easy enough to remove a hard drive? and once the drive is in an external enclosure, how do you transfer to the other computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back