How do i join my disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

few months ago i separated my disk into C: and D:. how i want to make my disk one now. how can i do it?? or how can i decide how much space D: or C: will have ??

any help is appreciated

You can use any advanced partitoning utility like Partition Magic or Disk Director to resize and join partitons.

animemanga, I think you misunderstood Nodsu. The only way to do this is to use a partioning program like Partion magic but there are others

The point being is that Windows XP doesnt have that functionality built in.

the hard way - the best way would be to copy all the data to a second HD, reformat and reinstall windows. When you reformat, consolidate the partitions at that time. Otherwise you will need a partitioning program (the easy way)

ok i googled it and found some. however i dont know which one is good.

after i got the programe is there any precaution i should take?

if i delete the bigger partition, will the space automatically add up to the other partition. as in if C: was 20gig and
D: was 50 gig. and i delete D: , will C: become 70gig?

where does the unallocated partitions go to?

i have tried in every way to find a free partition programe that lets your resize you partitions. can any1 help me in any way. a link would be very much appreciated.

animemanga said:
ok i googled it and found some. however i dont know which one is good.

If it does what you want then it is good, if it doesnt then you will need to have a look at another program. Just try or read up on which one you want.
As they are free you can try as many as you want.
From the sound of it, it sounds like your requirements are fairly basic. merging two partions, so most of them should be able to do that

If you want to buy a program I would go for Partion Magic, very solid program and is probably the most commonly used partioning software

animemanga said:
after i got the programe is there any precaution i should take?

As a general precaution, always take a back up. At least of your more important files (i.e personal documents etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back