How do I know - 32 Bit OR 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertq

How do I find out if my PC is a 32 bit or 64 bit ?

I want to get windows vista & need to know which version of vista my pc will handle.

I would like to get the Ultimate Edition.
My 2 PCs have following configuration ;

(1) Dell dimension 8300

P4 2.6 GHz ( HT )

Intel 875 P Mother Board

512 MB DDR

250 GB SATA HDD

Win XP Pro SP2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Dell Optiplex GX 620

P Dual Core 3.0 GHz

Intel 945 G Mother Board

2 GB DDR2

2X250 GB HDD

Dual Monitor Card

Win XP Pro SP2

Thanks
Robert

altheman

Unless you ordered or installed x64, then your pc is most likely 32bit. Also check under System Properties.

Didou

I think he's asking if his computer would handle a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the upcoming Vista. CPU-z is the easiest way to find out what your CPU supports.

Coolmatt

The second one is definitely x64 (64-bit) because of the dual-core. The first one, however, is a Pentium 4 and I highly doubt P4's are 64-bit.

EDIT: If you want to see if any of those computers can run a certain Windows Vista version, use this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

If one of those computers has built-in graphic chipsets, you may not be able to run the Aero desktop display with Windows Vista. Just run the check and you'll see what your computer can handle.

kitty500cat

I think some P4s are 64-bit and some aren't. Download CPU-Z and check if it says x86-64/AMD64/EMT64 or whatever; or figure out the model of your cpu and check Intel's website.
kitty500cat

Status
Not open for further replies.