How do I lock on in GTA:SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I recently bought GTA:SA for computer, but when I try to lock on ( Right Mouse button ) it brings up the Manual Aim, how do I lock on to a specific target? I tried looking in the Button Configs but it doesn't show anything.

I don't remember having that option, I believe it's only available for the console versions where you play with the gamepad (& have less precision). I haven't felt the need for it either to be honest.

I'm pretty sure you can if you are using a controller. As if you would play San An with a KB & M.

So I can hook up a Console controller like a 360? Wouldn't I need a specific software so it could pick up in the game?

I've played GTA (all of them) with a keyboard & mouse. I only switched to a gamepad when driving vehicles so I had the best of both worlds.

I believe Windows detects the controller, So I don't think you have to download software. I could be wrong, though.

I thought you would know this, paradox. ;)

Actually I can find a driver for the Xbox 360 controller (wired & wireless) on the Microsoft website but for Windows XP though, it would seem Vista supports the controllers out of the box.

i have both ps2 version and pc version, and manual aim on pc is so mutch better! no dodgy camera angles, and it makes pistol the best weapon, simply crouch and head shot, everyone goes down in one shot because accuracy is so high!

So I can hook up a Console controller like a 360? Wouldn't I need a specific software so it could pick up in the game?

Depends. If you've got Vista then a 360 controller gets picked up straight away. If you've got XP then you will need the drivers for the 360 controller that are in Didou's post.

If you are using a SIXAXIS like me, you will need drivers to wake the controller up regardless of your OS even though Vista does pick it up as a SIXAXIS.

GTA = So much better with a controller

I'm going to upgrade to VISTA later one, Once I clean up my computer's problems now ( I currently have some heating problems, but it'll be fixed once I get watercooling :) )

you can't unless like everyone already says you have a controller or another console to play the game on. On PC Rockstar decided that using the mouse was easier to play with than the auto lock option. So their is no way unless you have a joystick or controller for a PC. However, on PS and other consoles the defaults have auto lock selected because you can't accurately aim with the controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back