How do I mod a 9600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrozenklesk

I've got a HIS Excalibur Radeon 9600 and I want to mod it to 9600Pro or 9600XT. please help with the process or lend me some resources as how to unlock the card and overclock it to its max

thanx
pk

The XT cards have a different core so you're out of luck there. Do you have a 9600 or 9600SE. The SE's use 64 bit memory instead of 128 bit so they really suck. If you have a 9600 you can probably get it close to Pro speeds with a better cooling fan and RAM heatsinks especially if it has TSOP(rectangular) memory. You can use programs like ATItool or Powerstrip to overclock and test the card.

my card has the RV350 core and has a 128BIT memory bandwidth, and what I actually want to do is break the flashlock on the BIOS of the card and reflash the BIOS with a PRO BIOS and I need some help with this if you can help? I tried powerstrip and rage3dtweak but it seems as if the card/drivers automatically resets the speeds to its defaults(sometimes) and I don't actually want to run 3rd party software to oc the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back