How do i open a whale willy case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjo13

It has no screws along the edge or places to squeeze to release the top or sides. It has one screw in the back middle done about and inch from the top.
I took it out hoping it would release the top and I could slide the top back, but I cant budge it on any of the 3 whale willy here at the shop. I want to install some more ram but I need inside. Any ideas? Help.

Looks like the whole cover should come off in ONE piece (i.e. both sides AND the top).
That one screw at the back holds it in place.
Carefully put a thin screwdriver between the front-panel and the top and try to pry it open.
Have you checked the bottom of the case for more screws?

I thought maybe the same thing at first, but I can see the side has come off seperately at some point. There are no screws on the bottom. I believe the only thing it can be is I have to take off the front panel and possibly it will be able to be slide off the front. I just can't find a release for the front yet and I dont want to break it. Why would something be made this way??? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Got it!

Well, you have to take off the front first. Just pry it on an edge, then pull it off and it reveals the 3 edge screws. They slide off toward the front. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back