How do I raise the FPS on a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a HP Omnibook 6100

Pentium III-M 1.13 Ghz
ATI Radeon Mobility graphics with 16MB of SDRAM
30GB HD

What i'm trying to do is raise the FPS, from the dismal 12.5 it's standing at now to something above 20, the game is Counterstrike, I've got all the video options turned down. And it's still a slideshow. I previously had less than 1 GB of free space, and currently have 5.1 GB (haven't tried to game yet, defrag still working). Do you guys know if I can upgrade the graphics card, or the processor, anything to make it run smoother?

you could probably upgrade the processor easily enough but i don't know a whole lot about the insides of laptops so i have no idea about if you can change the graphics :D that would help a lot though

how much system ram do you have?

well that's a fir amount of ram, look into upgrading the processor - if you can find out what socket your mobo is then look on ebay if you use it ;)

otherwise ebuyer.com if you're in the uk or newegg.com if you're in the us

Uhh firstly, your laptop is too old to upgrade, I doubt any carrier still has parts for something that old. Passed that, most parts are integrated.

That thing wasnt made to increase the fsb on it. Basically your asking how we can help you burn your laptop up faster.

No, upgrading your laptop is not an option. That will be either the higheset or almost highest CPU it can support because it is socket 370. Besides, the work will be very diffuclt, time consuming, expensive (possibly, since the parts would be hard to find) AND your CPU could be non-removeable. Not recommended.

Upgrading your video chip is not possible.

We don't know anything about how much RAM/memory your system has, but assuming it is 128 or 256, adding some additional RAM will help smooth things out if there's a lot of drive swapping.

While I doubt there's much that can be done, you can try to upgrade your video drivers and attempt to use some counterstrike tweak guides. This is about all you can do though, short of purchasing a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back