How do i update drivers for devices like cd/dvd + hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

can i update the drivers for cd/dvd drives + hard drives without cds? if i go to device manager, properties, driver, it says can windows connect to windows update to search for software? yes, this time only. yes, now + every time i connect a device. no, not this time. i tick yes, this time only + it says: if your hardware came with an installation cd or a floppy disk, insert it now. what do you want the wizard to do? install the software automatically. install from a list or specific location. i tick install the software automatically + it searches but always comes back:cannot continue the hardware update wizard. it says this when i try to install drivers for cd/dvd drives + hdd. on driver properties for my samsung sp2504c 250gb 8mb hdd it says: driver provider - microsoft. driver date - 01/07/2001. driver version - 5.1.2535.0. digital signer - microsoft windows publisher. i thought the sp2504c was new? can i update the driver date + version....i would be really greatful if someone would give me any help...thank you

You should never need to update drivers for ide drives like cd/dvd/hard drives. You can "flash" cd and dvd drives to update the firmware but that is done by either booting from a floppy with the proper flash files on it or using an exe. fle from the manufacturer. It depends on the manufacturer and if you go to their site they will have instructions on how to flash the drive. As for a an ide hard rive you don't need to update or flash anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back