How Do I Upgrade From Integrated Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backup PC is a HP a1000n powered by a Celeron 340 (P) 2.93 with a Intel 845GV chipset. MB is a Asus Guppy-GL6E. It has a integrated 64MB Video card. Can I just buy any new ATI or Nvidia 128 or 256 card to replace it? Or am I limited to a specific card and/or need to buy anything else? Run XP Home and would like a ok/good gaming card for what little I have to work with.

Hi & Welcome to Techspot!! :)

I may be wrong, but it appears that your MB has only PCI slots (not to be confused with PCI-E).

So you're limited to PCI cards only, which tend to be somewhat expensive (like the ATI X1300), and offer not too much performance.

Also, the Geforce 6200 PCI is a decent PCI card (If you can find it).

Regards :wave:

The only option for that model is a PCI card since you dont have a PCI-Express or AGP slot. But yes Nvidia and and ATI both make them you can buy any card as long as it is PCI and if your power supply can handle it. Also I see you only have 2 PCI slots im sure one has a modem unless you took it out and the other either has something you put in it or most likely balnk. As long as you have a blank one you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back