How do you connect multiple speakers using 2 different outputs from reciever to comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a home stereo system 4 speakers and a sub that I want connected to my computer. The problem I'm having is that while I want those connected, I also want a set of computer speakers connected as well so I can switch to them when playing games or what not then switch over to the home stereo system (from cd to aux or whatever, just a different input) when blasting music. All I know is that the one output works or whatever (green one) but I don't know if I can use another output or input. I have about 6 audio jacks in my comp with a RealTek soundcard. Can ne one help me?

Most computer and audio shops have "mixer" connectors... but if you want to have separate volume controls for each set, you need to get fancy. Buy a control box designed for the purpose... acts the same way a preamp does... usually about $30 to $40.

ok, but can't i just plug one set into one input and the other into a different one so i can just switch the input from one to another (ie: cd to aux or whatever)? Save some money...

If your case has front audo ports then plugging headphones into those usually switches sound output from your rear port to the front. I don't know if I've ever used it with speakers, but I assume it would work.

Plug the stereo system to the rear and keep your computer speakers unplugged in front of your computer - when you want to switch, plug them into the front.

I'm not sure if you can use both at the same time though. A control box would probably be the most convenient option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back