How does this setup look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

Hi! I just put this together and just need a third party to ook over it for me. I excluded some things because I already have 'em. Thanks for the help!

ENERMAX ECA3052BS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3320620A 320GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

IN WIN IP-P460Q3-2/RETAIL ATX12V 460W Power Supply - Retail

Arctic Silver ASTA-7G (2-PC-SET) Premium Silver Thermal Adhesive - OEM

Update
GeIL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model GX21GB5300PLXAM - Retail

ASUS P5NSLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400 - Retail

Thermaltake A2368 120mm Case Fan - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler - Retail

All looks pretty good. Couple of questions/comments:

I notice you are buying 3rd party cooling. Are you planning on overclocking? If so, you may want to consider different ram (PC6400).

I have never heard of IN WIN powersupplies, and that is scary. I'd suggest getting a PSU from a namebrand company like Antec, Enermax or FSB. Have a look at this thread here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1045259

Thanks allot for the reply. I dont plan on overclocking but figured the cooler the cpu was the better; am i just wasting cash on a beefy heatsink? And Im looking into another psu as you would not be the first to warn me about shady unkowns.

Yea, I'll second Don on the PSU issue. IN WIN is probably a terrible brand. You should go with a Antec, Enermax, Fortron, OCZ power supply, or if you are REALLY serious and want a pwnage PSU, then get a PCP&C, as they are probably the best PSU company out there.

It looks nice (I would agree with everyone with the power supply though), although I see no trace of a video card :suspiciou .

yea, you need a nice DX10 compatible card to get the fancy Aero effects out of Vista. for a mainstream everyday use, a single card such as the Nvidia GeForce 6600 with 128MB will do fine, but if your a gamer i suggest either an SLI or Crossfire setup, that will really power them games. ditto for me on the PSU issue as well, never heard of the brand, so must be bad. I use an Antec PSU, and it works well, will never buy anaother brand

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back