How good is the nvidia chip on the A7n8x deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Im still waiting for my board I should get it by wendsday. I have a 64 meg Gforce4 mx 420 Graphic card. Should I keep using that until I get the Radeon 9700 pro? or just let the board handle my graphics till I get the new card? I do play games but not lately since the games I want would lag under my old board and graphics card.

I hope you ordered the newer A7N8X v2.0 mainboard that supports 400 fsb. There are still a lot of older boards around, which doesn't much matter so long as you got a good discount on it. Older versions of that board are still excellent, but don't expect it to overclock well, and don't expect to run the newer 400 fsb Athlons either.

dammit I cant tell which version it is.

Ok nvm I did order the version 2.0, but that is the one is fsb 333 being the highest im sure if i overclock(when I learn how to overclock) You mean i could get it to 400 fsb. I looked for the 2.0 and it showed me the one I ordered and it didnt state having 400 fsb. Maybe you meant a different board? Could you give me the link to the newest version of the board. Besides If I did order the older version I'm sure it will still kik ***.

Here you go (notice the 400 fsb support) ...

Asus A7N8X v2.0

PS: The older versions won't overclock reliably to 400 fsb - even Asus admits to this.

I think the difference is in if it is a deluxe or not. I see the dif in the regular and then the deluxe but i do not see a version number. I did get the deluxe thou.... Am i wrong?

also what chips would need 400 fsb. I ordered a 2700+athlon XP

Yes, you are wrong. The board comes in two versions, deluxe and standard. The version number refers to the current design, version 2.0 being the latest (for both deluxe and standard boards). You never know, you might still get a version 2.0 if the old stocks have ran out. You won't need 400 fsb for your CPU, though all upcoming CPUs to be released by AMD will be 400 fsb, so your future upgrade path will be limited.

Nvidia has multiple chips on the A7N8X board. As far as I can tell from the Asus site, the A7N8X Deluxe doesn't include the onboard graphics chip. I'm not sure if they do a version with this, but other than that the nvidia chips are the North and South bridge of the motherboard chipset that supply the onboard sound, agp, lan, memory controller etc etc...

"I have a 64 meg Gforce4 mx 420 Graphic card. Should I keep using that until I get the Radeon 9700 pro? or just let the board handle my graphics till I get the new card?"
Can you verify that you are talking about onboard video?
As I don't think this board has it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back