Logitech X-530
Logitech Microphone
Swann Pci Tv Card
Dwl-g520 Wireless Adaptor
Creative Instant Web Cam
Canon 6260 Pixma Printer
Creative Soundblaster 3d Live!
Microsoft Xp Professional

Note:corsair Isnt Repeated It Represents There Are 2 Gigabytes Of Ram And Seagate Is 1000 Gigabytes Not Repeated.

Not "ultimate", because you could have dual core and/or dual CPU, 10 000 RPM (or 15 000 RPM) hard drives, a RAM based system "hard drive", real hardware RAID, dual video cards, a physics card..

"Needs more" is definitely not the correct wording here though. What you need depends on your requirements entirely and going for something "ultimate" and outrageously expensive is a bit silly unless you have and unlimited budget.

Not sure how a webcam, a printer and a TV card contribute to a gaming PC.. :p

It's definitely a good gaming system but kind of far to be "the ultimate gaming machine" I have P4 3.4Ghz HT 3GB of RAM a 7800GS 550W 28A PSU and is not the best one. Though I can play almost everything I throw into my system at max settings. I guess you PC also can run almost everything, so like Nodsu said, the "needs more" is up to you, IMO sometimes is pointless if you can run every game you can found out there.
BTW you mention a lot of stuff and forgot one of the most important ones: PSU :p

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

I agree with the other guys, it's a little far from being the Tom's $10,000 PC :p , but it's still poweful. Maybe it's lacking a little on the video card, because the X800GT is an 8 pipe video card, and today's cards have 12 or more pipelines.

Still, its a pretty decent machine :)

It's a very decent computer, although the graphic card sets it aside from being the "Ultimate" Gaming systems. Sure, you can play Oblvion on High settings, although, the graphic card is only mid-high end. Hey, if I had the option to build that, I would :approve:

May I suggest an X850XT? Its 16 Pipes, and the PE looks cool, and has higher clocks, and better cooler for 5$ more.

I Will Agree with the homies, Its a good Gamin pc, but still far from the ULTIMATE GAMIN PC,Still it will do the work,

one

I just built a machine with 2.5TB of disk space and man its hot and makes a lot of noise! I got the phantom PSU that's meant to be silent and the silent CPU fan, but its the 8 hard drives that are the main problem! Thinking of taking 3 or so of them out to allow for better airflow and less sound, its fine to do since the majority of the disk space is in 4 bigger sized disks.

Phantasm66 said:
I just built a machine with 2.5TB of disk space and man its hot and makes a lot of noise! I got the phantom PSU that's meant to be silent and the silent CPU fan, but its the 8 hard drives that are the main problem! Thinking of taking 3 or so of them out to allow for better airflow and less sound, its fine to do since the majority of the disk space is in 4 bigger sized disks.

8 HDD's?! Wow, that case must be very hot. If you don't need 2.5 TB, taking some out will really help. And your PSU will be happy :)

Phantasm66 said:

All you need is a FC HBA :D Run some fibre to your basement and put the drives in some enclosure there :p

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
What about the PSU? I hope it's not a Q-Tec or some other generic garbage...

No of course its not, not for 8 hard drives. Its an expensive one - Phantom or something - uses a heatsink instead of fans I think.

I'm gonna take 3 of the drives out for better airflow and less noise. Also gonna switch the RAID array from RAID 0 to RAID 5, dropping the capacity from 2.0TB to 1.5TB. Once I've tested that I can recover from a disk failure (I bought an extra disk) I am going to copy all my movie and music collection on to this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back