How low can it go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelyell

Hello all. Just found this board and decided to stop by and post. Looks like some coooool systems out there. Anybody else using phase shift cooling? Later...

Filthy rich ba5tard! I'm jealous. I'm not man enough to tell my wife I want one of those. Just getting water caused a lot of relationship problems.

Phase Shift Cooling? I've never heard it called that. that term doesn't really fit it anyway.
The method of cooling used by the Prometeia cooling system is just a freezer that uses R134A refigerant(the stuff that replaced freon) I do hope it is "frost-free" I'd like to know how they eliminated condensation and frosting.

Nic, thanks for the correction. You're right, I thought it was Phase Shift. Oh well, I try to learn something every day.

StormBringer, the condensation problem would be a disaster with ambients around 70F and total destruction inside a case pumping even more heat. The Prometeia is a microfreezer that attaches directly to the core of the CPU. It is extremely well sealed and insulated with a monstrous conduit from the cooling unit to the microfreezer. According to the forums, some folks did have trouble with condensation and frost when they bought just the addon kit and attached it to the CPU themselves. I opted for the turnkey job to avoid that possibility. They still let you configure every component of the system yourself. If you want to check it out go to http://www.hardwaregods.net and click on the Omega system. It will allow you to select each part and then hit you where it hurts, ...the bottom line. Have fun.

Thanks to all who replied. Later...

Shift... change.. It's all the same thing. :) Only the former sounds more like a Star Trek technology®

I wouldn't mind a setup with some phase change cooling myself, what's the kind of damage I should expect for something like this? Or are there more effective ways then phase change? I ask this because I'm sick of my standard clock speeds and am in the mood to overclock more than 10MHz max on standard cooling. Any views/ideas would be appreciated.

I'm going to try overclocking my rig tommorrow. A little Arctic Silver 3 compound will help keep the processor cool by providing better heat conduction to the heatsink, although I'm not really looking at getting a large performance increase due to budget components. If I get my Athlon 1.3GHz up to about 1.5GHz I'll be fairly happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back