How many hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without buying ide cards, external drive enclosures or using Sata hdd`s, normally 3 hard drives would be the max. Two on the primary channel and one on the secondary channel.

Regards Howard :)

well im just a brainstormer and that is why im asking about this how many i could have question. And i did mean to say internal. But what is a sata drive?

Just take a peak at the mobo. I think (If im wrong, well this is like my fourth post) and the small colored things (Follow the colored wire from you HDD if you cant find them) should be SATA connecters. How ever many of those you have is how many SATA HDDs that mobo can handle.

for background only: server systems need a farm of HDs and thus usually have
a SCSI card which allows up to 15 devices per scsi adaptor.

I think how many drives your pc can support is mostly dependent on your mobo like someone recently stated, but if you want a lot of sata ports, go with one of the new server mobo's with sata arrangements.

I have run as many as 6 internal IDE hard drives at once, along with a DVD ROM and a Combo CD/DVD burner. I used a PCI IDE controller to run 4 of the six drives. SATA ports support 2 SATA devices each

My case is an Antec full tower... It has 8 hard drive bays and 4 CDROM or 5 1/4" bays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back