How Much is Enough? Is going to 2 GB ram worth trhe money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to order my next PC. Going w/latestSocket 939 MSI MB, Athlon 64 3800 CPU, and WD 250 GB HD. Is it worth the extra $'s to go with 2 GB ram?

You probably don't need that much so you probably won't notice much performance increase with 2GB over say 1GB.

If you will be doing heavy modeling and rendering it might be worth it, but if not, then I would say let it go.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Even going from 512MB to 1GB only gives you a 5% boost. And as said above, unless you do big-file manipulations, it is not worth it.

How much do you want to spend, and do you want a side window or not. If if doesn't matter I would go with a Thermaltake case or a Emermax. They are both good companys with good quality Thermaltake is a little more pricey from what I have seen. :bounce:

I was thinking about putting 2GB in a new laptop I am planning to buy, but to be honest, that's just showing off. 1GB is much cheaper if you get 512MB modules, which are priced well right now.

I got this Tsunami Dream case recently (sad choice of name.) Its pretty cool I guess.

010904_172321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back