How Much Is This Stuff Worth These Days?

Dr_Seuss

*Note to moderators* - I am not selling these items on your website, i am just asking the advise of your members as to how much these things are worth these days to see if there is any point putting them on a site such as Ebay. If this is still not allowed please feel free to remove my post.

I have recently started a new job and am finding very little time to sit infront of my computer and disappear into the world of gaming for the night like i used to when i was a student so im wondering how much the parts inside my computer are worth these days as cash would be more useful right now.

The system is an Intel P4 3.00GHz prescott HT on an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard with 2Gb DDR400 RAM (4x512Mb Corsair Value) and a Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ 512Mb AGP Graphics card. Im looking to keep my Hard drives as they contain important information but the case is an AKASA Eclipse-62 with Maxi-View clear side.

Are these parts fit for resale or fit for the bin? i know technology has moved on quite a bit with the release of DDR2 and even DDR3 Memory and the new PCI-E and PCI-E 2.0 graphics but i was led to believe that the graphics card was the fastest of its type when i bought it (but then i guess that doesnt count for anything if no-ones buying AGP anymore)

Any advice would be greatly recieved and prices i should be aiming for even better.

Many thanks in advance to all of you!

Where we live:

Intel P4 3.00GHz prescott HT
$70

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard
$55

2Gb DDR400 RAM (4x512Mb Corsair Value)
$40

Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ 512Mb AGP Graphics card
$45

AKASA Eclipse-62 with Maxi-View clear side.
$30

$240 for the package... as is

It all depends on the marketplace, and the time you have to market and persuade that nothing has been harmed.

I'd disagree with Raybay, that P4 isn't worth much at all. But that 7800GS+ should still be worth $90 or more. The next most valuable thing you have is that DDR RAM, DDR is pretty expensive compared to DDR2, so you might be able to find some poor sap still running DDR that needs more.

I'll take it, I have an old Compaq Presario sitting on the floor, for the last year ! (without Ram)
Anyway, Ebay will do I suppose.

kimsland said:
i'll take it, i have an old compaq presario sitting on the floor, for the last year ! (without ram) anyway, ebay will do i suppose.
what kind of compaq presario is it? -------------------------------------------------for the best pcs ever go to www.cyberpowerpc.com alien ware computers for 1/2 the price!!!

"...for the best pcs ever go to www.cyberpowerpc.com alien ware computers..."
Alienware was purchased by Dell. And that didn't help. They are among the most failure prone computers we see in our shop... so we could not classify them as the "best PC's ever"
While the IBM Netvistas in the Kimsland post are some of the most reliable, and thos prices are about right

Back