how much will i have to spend on a new pc that will play elder scrolls oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

i wont need a monitor, just the tower. im guessing it will have to be custom made. i was just wondering if someone can give me a ballpark figure. im from australia so AUD would be the way to go.

or would i be better off getting an Xbox 360?

or do you think this game will be released on PS3?

cheers.

PCs are superb for playing most games out there, expecially RPGs. Consoles don't cut it for those. Try this guide to build a nice PC for under USD700 that will play Oblivion and most other games comfortably.

Well Oblivion is coming out for the PS3! and well my friend just built a new computer and it runs Oblivion beautifully, it cost him about $1300 AUD!

yeah my friend told me that Oblivion is coming for PS3 which is awesome because Assassin's Creed and the new Metal Gear Solid so im ganna be relaxing playing PS3 and having a newly built computer in my room =P

about $950 i think.

if oblivion will be out on PS3 maybe ill just wait for then. lots of people say that it would be much better on a PC, but i do prefer gaming on consoles....that could be because i have never really had a decent gaming PC.

While I can't speak of the PS3 version, just about any medium-end PC excels at Oblivion compared to the console/XBox360 version.

If you've played both, there is no going back after playing it on the PC. For the simple reason of DYNAMIC LOADING on the XBox360 drives me absolutely crazy! Just walking around in towns and areas, the game is paging/loading causing a feel of sluggishness.

Compare this to a $600 US system that will absolutely CRUSH Oblivion with tons of eye candy, higher resolution and same-same gaming experience.

I should also add to the fact that MOST middle to high end videocards today have hd-out/tv-out, along with wireless USB controllers. Picking up a Logitech Wireless Rumblepad-II plus it's profile software... you can play 1080i/720p on your couch, with the dual-analog wireless on a PC with AA, AF and HDR (HDR+AA only on ATI videocards).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back