How often do you run your virus checks?

How often do run virus scans on your computer?

• Once or more per day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every few days

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Every month

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I don't bother scanning at all

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a week for me, where I run a full scan with AVG/Ewido/SS&D/Ad-Aware(never find anything though).

I run Ccleaner several times a day, only takes a second or so. It keeps my system running smoothly and gets rid of useless temp files etc.

Why do you run SS&D and Ad-Aware twice a day? I would`ve thought it was a little unecessary to run them so frequently.

Regards Howard :)

P.s Check your pm`s.

Why bother?

My AV has real-time virus and spyware scanning on (has never found anything (is that good or bad? :p )). I do not use IE and I do not download/run/install crap programs. Removed all IE icons too to make sure other users don't get any ideas.

SS&D gets run maybe once a month when I'm really bored (only finds cookies).

I only ran it once when i first installed it. since then, it just runs in the background. i rarely do Spybot or Adware scans, only when i remember to, and feel bothered. but i keep the definitions uptodate.

Personally, I have AVG set to scan each day at 8am, and if I'm awake and using the computer at that time it gets switched off. I check the test logs once in a blue moon because I'm confident that I woun't get anything, and my confidence is justified by my track record. If I did get something I'd know - either my the misbehaviour of Windows, or from my firewall...

...and as Nodsu said, I have real time scanning anyway, and can scan downloaded files etc from the context menu if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back