How to automatically run a program as an Administrator in WinXP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Does anybody know how I can set a program to automatically run as an Administrator. So that I can avoid retyping my Admin username and password everytime I run a program. I need this so that my son can use my computer anytime he desires.

Thank You!

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish. You want to disable the administrator password for the screen saver? Or you have programs setup that require a password?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Windows XP is has two default user accounts(Administrator and Limited). There are some programs that run only if the user is an Administrator account. But if you are a limited user you can run a program as an administrator. Can I configure the certain programs under a limited account to automatically run as an Administrator.

Look up the runas command. You can create a shortcut with all the right parameters. This will of course leave your admin password visible unless you want to type it in every time.

Another thing you can use is the task scheduler. This will hide your admin password but it will be clumsier to use.

Third solution would be to install a program that lets your run anything as a Windows service and then let that service run your program as the administrator. Create a shortcut to run the service with the net start command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back