How to back-up DirecTV Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DirecTV DVR is beginning to go flaky. I can return it to DirecTV and they will give me a new one, but the problem is that I will lose all of the HDD contents. I just want a way to back up the files (even if they can't be played in their backed up condition) so I can later load them right back into the same type of DVR where that CAN be played.

There is about 150 hours of programming on the HDD, so simply playing one show at a time and recording the analog output is not really an option.

Any suggestions?

if you have tv tuner card connect it to pc open windows xp backup utility select the hard drive which is to be backed up select copy backup option and proceedas directed by

Does the Direct TV have RCA out jacks? I have a digital video recorder box from Cablevision that lets me hook up a DVD R to it so I can record all of the stuff on the hard drive.

Alan1129 said:
Thanks Char!
My recorded shows are valuable, but buying a $699 software is out of the question.
Thanks anyway.
Alan
hm...
you do not need Acronis True Image Server for Windows for $699!!!
you need Acronis True Image 10 Home for what you want to do!and it costs $49,99=)

Thanks Fastco!
Yes, I have RCA jacks, but aren't those just for analog output, like to a TV or VCR. I would have to record in "real time". That would be painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back