How to boot up windows xp HOME EDITION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello... Of course I have a problem with the lovely blue screen...

I cannot boot up my Windows. I read the posts of Rick but... that thing can't help me as I can't find such options in the HOME edition. The only thing the system wants from me is to format the whole disk and that's something I would love to avoid (although I'm loosing hope now..).

The problem's number is

0x00000024 ( 0x001901FD, 0x80EBD4F8, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000)

Could you help me somehow?

M.

P.S. Sorry for my mistakes, I'm not English. ;)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First of all don`t panic.

Go back to Rick`s post HERE and follow the instructions very carefully.

You are obviously missing the part that shows you how to start the repair process.

Look at the three blue panels in Rick`s post.

Boot from your Windows cd and when you get to the first blue panel press the enter key.

With the second blue panel press the F8 key.

And finally with the third blue panel press the R key.

If you can print out Rick`s post.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Dear Howard

Thank you very much for your post. Unfortunately, I think I've tried to do that properly. The problem is, my first screen that appears is totally different, as it tells me to choose the partition I want to format (I have only one what means that I would loose everything :) )

I've already talked to some friends and they told me that only XP proffesional has the possibility that Rick was wtriting about and that the HOME edition is not able to do so.

So, is there any other way? Any ideas? :)

I also have Windows XP home edition and have never had a problem doing a repair install. It goes exactly like Rick`s post.

I don`t know why you are having this problem and don`t know what else to suggest.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you very much, then. I don't know either why that problem occures :( I'd love to have it fixed but don't know what else to do...

Well, anyway, thank you :)

Not a stupid question at all - my fault, I didn't mention this stuff. Unfortunately, the answer is no. I can't boot into the safe mode :(

But I'll try tomorrow with a CD with XP--> professional version. I don't know, maybe this could help?

You know... I want to try every possible option that comes to my mind. Even if it sounds ridiculous for such experts like you :) (or maybe it doesn't...?)

Thank you once more for your attention and the willingness to help.

Regards, Mirella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back