HOw to change language for XP>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordesf

Hey,

i have got windows xp (chinese) version installed in my computer but i want ENGLISH!!

I went to the lanuage and regional section and did that, now some programs are in english except many things arent. Eg all the desktop and start etc are all in chinese. Is there a way i can change to english?

You should have a program called muisetup.exe somewhere on your system. Run that and see if you can choose English from there.

Depends on what service pack your Windows came with. For me it is in windows\mui

wierd.. cause i did do the hidden filed thingy so now my computer should see al files, but MUI folder still empty..

is there any way to download a muisetup.exe ?

That`s weird, did you follow these instructions fully?

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. After the new window appears select the View tab.
5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Regards Howard :)

Chinese version sold in china... And i want to chnage it to ENGLISh lol the other way around to what everyone else does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back